Sunday, March 27, 2011

for Lindsey~ on the occasion of your 25th birthday 3-28-11

your birth was the most life-changing thing to happen in my childhood.
i didn't know what it was going to mean. who you were going to be to me, or who I would be to you.
there is so much of it i'd like to go back to , now that i know.

i loved you as much as any sister could love another. but i never knew you'd end up being one of my closest friends too.

i love you more than i could ever put into silly words. i want all good things for you . i admire you and i am fascinated by you and i am proud of you. for everything.

and i'm also so blessed and thankful for what you are for me. thank you for being there for me


"She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink.."

~Barbara Alpert







No comments:

Post a Comment